Bathroom Exhaust Fan Application
How to Perfectly Fit our Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] in your Bathroom.
Our Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] has a dual design - it can be used as an exhaust fan cover or as a cold air return. Complete with a drywall bead rim that contours the vent flush into the surface. Install is best done by a Pro. The Aria Team will focus on the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe]'s bathroom application with compatible exhaust fans throughout blog.
Consult an HVAC specialist and electrician prior to installing our Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] in your bathroom. Installation will require an electrician to complete the electrical connections. An HVAC specialist will be able to determine if our Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] will work with your system.
The Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] is compatible with any retrofit fan models that require drywall opening between 8” x 8” to 10 ½” x 10 ½”.
To find if your fan model has the right drywall opening size, check the specification sheet of the fan model. Look for the measurements seen below (circled in red) in Figure 1.1. If those measurements are between 8” x 8” to 10 ½” x 10 ½”, then your exhaust fan will be able to fit within our Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe].
Compatible Panasonic exhaust fans include the Panasonic WhisperValue and the Panasonic WhisperCeiling.
A special feature of the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] that you may not know is that it can be painted and wallpapered to match your ceiling. We do not recommend tiling or gluing any heavy material to the plate. This will add too much pressure on the plate and prevent the vent clips from fully engaging.
The Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] is made of powder coated steel, making it compatible with epoxy-based adhesives and paints. However, enamel paints are likely to be more cost-effective.
Other key features of the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe]:
- Install at drywall stage: It must be installed at drywalling stage; it is part of our Flush Wall Vent [Luxe] line, so it can only be used on drywall surfaces;
- Service the fan at any time: access the fan at anytime to clean or service it. Simply slide and remove the cover plate.
- No rattling sound: It comes with cushion strips that seal air, and cushions any rattling noise that may occur from the metal components touching.
Things to look out for:
- Extra space in ceiling cavity: You must have an extra 1 3/4" space in the ceiling cavity where the exhaust fan will be installed. (See Figure 1.1). This is recommended in order to allow the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] and exhaust fan to have enough room to fit, avoiding any ceiling joists from impeding the installation. Furthermore, this will allow the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] and exhaust fan to be flush with the ceiling. Below Figure 1.1 and Figure 1.2 highlight this in a diagram and a real life bathroom install.
- Check if your fan is compatible: See above for specifications on how to choose the right exhaust fan.
- Dry fit the exhaust fan before installing: Some fans may require the mounting flange on the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] to be trimmed in order for the fan to fit. Double check before mounting. This can be done by dry-fitting the fan into Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] opening. Test by sliding the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe]'s tray. If the fan’s flange obstructs the trays tabs, the flange will need to be trimmed.
We have an installation video of the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] on our YouTube channel. Here is a rough outline of the installation process for a new build:
Most asked questions regarding the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe]:
- Can I use a motion sensor fan? Yes, you can use motion sensor fans. The Aria Team recommends getting a motion sensor fan that uses a wall switch. This way the centre tray of the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] will not impede the motion detection of the exhaust fan.
- What material can this be used with? This vent is specifically for drywall/gypsum wall and ceiling surfaces.
- My drywall is already installed, can I use this? Yes, absolutely!
- Can I use this on floors, walls and ceilings? This is only for wall and ceiling vents.
- Do you make custom sizes or colours? No, sorry about that! This only comes in satin white. It’s ready to be painted or wall-papered to match your walls.
- Can my wallpaper completely wrap around the tray? No, this is not possible. It would impede the tray from clamping together.
- Where can I find the Airflow data for the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe]? Air returns are measured by open air flow area, not CFM. The open air flow area for our 14"x14" Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe]: is measures at 32.4 square inches.
For further information about our Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe], check out the links below:
Detailed Dimensions of the Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe]
Purchase an Aria Flush Exhaust Mount [Luxe] here: